This greatly modified example of a Fourth Ward North cottage was originally built on the corner lot (lot 7) in about 1884 by Adolph Schuppan. William Pasche built a new house on lot 7 in 1894 after moving the old house to the adjoining lot (lot 8), which he had purchased in 1892. The original Schuppan house was small with 3 rooms; it was modified to have open eaves and to look more like a bungalow while Mrs. Johanna Stock, a widow, lived there from 1922 until 1954. The large wrap-around addition is from the mid 1990's.
Made 1 Nov 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.