This ell-wing Folk Victorian cottage was built by Edwin W. Maura in about 1893. Edwin Maura owned the two corner lots for over 45 years, but he never lived there. He worked for the H. & T. C. as a wood machinist, and he lived with his parents at 1903 Decatur or as a roomer somewhere in the neighborhood. In 1926 Joe Ligotino bought the 2 lots. He lived on the corner lot, and 2015 continued to be rental property until his son Rocco Ligotino, a vender in the fish market, began to live there in 1948. He lived there until he died in 1976.