This altered Fourth Ward North Cottage was probably built in about 1887 by Henry Hartmann, who had a lumber business on Sabine south of Nelson. He sold it in 1888. The family of Joseph C. Danna, a streetcar conductor, lived here from 1920 until 1954. The house took on a bungalow style appearance during the Danna years, with a new hipped roof and porch supported by brick column bases.
Made 25 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.