Lawrence Scardino built this grocery store in 1940. It was Scardino's Food Shop/Store until 1956; then until 1973 it was DeStefano's Grocery. It is still a neighborhood store. Lawrence Scardino's family lived behind the store at 711 Henderson. His father Joseph Scardino had operated a grocery store one block away at 2202 Kane.
Made for appraisal purposes, probably in the 1970s. Courtesy of Harris Co. Archives. The store is on the far right.