Joseph Scardino bought the corner lot in 1925 and operated a grocery store in a 2-story building at the corner of Kane and Hemphill until about 1940. Initially he lived above the store and then in about 1930 he built himself a new house behind the store and facing Hemphill. He lived there until his death in 1948. Then for many years his daughter Mary and her husband Antonino Martino lived there. She sold the lot in 1986.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.