Oscar Trapolino built this brick veneer building in 1929 to be his grocery store. To make room for it he moved the Henry Howe house facing Kane to the rear of the lot and rotated it 90 degrees to face Silver at 716 Silver. He had previously leased space at 1718 Lubbock for his grocery store. The Trapolino Grocery was in the building until 1945 at 718 Silver. Oscar Trapolino and his wife lived on the east side of the building at 1819 Kane. After 1946 until 1969 the grocery store was the Silver Street Grocery, and after 1969 it continued to function under other names.