In 1905 H. W. Beazley and his wife Mrs. E. E. Beazley contracted with J. A. Booth to build this 2-story house. They paid $2850. Herbert W. Beazley was a railroad machinist who lived next door at 1816 Kane. After he died in 1907, Mrs. Beazley sold 1816 Kane and moved into the new house at 1814 Kane. She lived there until her death in 1924. Her daughter Eloise and her son-in-law Charles B. Nailor also lived there. In 1925 Mrs. Beazley's son William P. Beazley bought 1814 Kane and lived there until the mid 1960's. The house was duplexed in about 1937, and it is a duplex today.