This Fourth Ward North cottage was probably built in about 1887 by Emma Nicaud as a tenant house and expanded a few years later by Charles Wright. From 1912 until 1951 Meyer M. Gordon either held a mortgage on the house or owned it. He was a Russian immigrant and the owner of Gordon's Jewelers. He sold it to Enrique Reyes, a tailor, in 1951. He and his wife had lived there since 1936. Reyes heirs sold it 1989.