The house now at 1810 Kane originally occupied the middle of lots 6 and 7. Before 1950 it was moved westward so as to occupy only lot 6, and in the mid 1950's another house was moved onto lot 7 and became 1808 Kane. That house probably came from the area east of Houston Avenue, which was at that time being redeveloped into the Police Department and Municipal Courts complex. 1808 Kane was rental property until it was sold to a developer in 2015. Structural evidence shows that the house was originally side-gabled with an applied porch, one room deep with a rear service wing.
Made 26 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.