This ell-wing Folk Victorian was built in stages starting in 1883 for the Herbert Beazley family. The original portion was built facing north at 1813 Decatur. In keeping with the German tradition of frugality, the family had the house relocated to this site and built a new ell-wing addition in front of it in 1888, which is what you see today. It was soon purchased by the Christian Telschow family, one of the founding families of Spring Branch, Texas. Mrs. Telschow was a rosarian who grew several rose bushes and sold cuttings to augment her income. Some of her plantings till flourish in the yard a century later.
The residence is an important example of the type of early housing constructed by immigrant railroad workers in the Old Sixth Ward, many of whom settled in this area of Houston to be near the many railroad concerns operating nearby at the time.
The Beazley-Telshow House was designated by City Council as a Landmark of the City of Houston in 1997 and as a Protected Landmark in 2005.