This five-bay center hall Folk Victorian cottage with an applied ½ width porch was probably built in about 1888 by Fred C. Schiebler. In 1887 he had purchased this lot and the adjoining lot on Decatur from his mother Mary Lyons (Herman Lyons was her third husband). John W. Surles bought 2113 Union in 1902 and lived there until about 1909. He was married to Ella Bloxsom. Her family was closely associated with the house at 907 Henderson and the 2-story building at 915 Henderson, and from 1934 until 1951 John W. Surles lived at 907 Henderson. From 1912 until 1923 he had lived at 2111 Union. From 1910 until 1960 2113 Union was rental property.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.