This five bay Folk Victorian center hall cottage was built at 1819 Lubbock on the corner lot in about 1888 by Frederick William Gehring, a German immigrant and a carpenter. He and his wife lived here until about 1896, when they moved into a new house at 1817 Lubbock, which he had just built. In about 1929 the house at 1819 Lubbock was moved southward to the rear of the lot and became 610 Silver. Since 1896 it has been rental property.
Made Nov 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.