This five-bay center hall Folk Victorian cottage was built in about 1883 by Adolph Carl, a German immigrant, and he and his family resided there until about 1896. He worked as a pattern maker in the H. & T. C. shops and as a carpenter. Adolph Carl owned 2 lots and he built 2116 Decatur and 906 Hemphill. He died in 1900, and in 1903 six of his sons sold the 2 lots. They belonged to Theodore Werner and his heirs for 73 years. During that period all 3 houses were rental property.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.