In 1905 H. E. Detering purchased 3 1/2 lots on the south side of block 395 facing Lubbock. He built 2 very large, completely identical 1-story houses on his 3 1/2 lots.
2214 Lubbock was sold to the City of Houston in 1968, and the lot was used for the construction of the new curvy Sawyer-Taylor street. The other large house at 2210 Lubbock was demolished, probably in the late 1990s, to build the large house now at 710 Sawyer.
Made for appraisal purposes, probably in the 1970s. Courtesy of Harris Co. Archives.