In 1853 Joseph Renner, a German immigrant, bought a 2-acre tract south of the new Washington Road and east of what is now Sabine Street. In 1879, 14 years before his death, the tract was divided into lots; some were given to his children and some were sold. Joseph Renner's son Paul A. Renner received lot 9 in 1890 6 months after he married and one year before he died.
The three-bay center hall Folk Victorian house with an applied ¾ width porch now on lot 9 at 806 Sabine may have been built by him. It is in the 1890 Sanborn map. It was rental property until 1942, when it was purchased by William McLeod, a policeman. He lived there until 1967. His family had lived nearby since 1920. 806 Sabine remained in the McLeod family until 1999. In 2009 the owner of 1715 Bismark bought lot 9 and made the back part of the lot part of his yard.
Made 10 Dec 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.