The lot on the NE corner of Lubbock and Silver was vacant when Oscar Trapolino bought it in 1935. No dwelling had ever been constructed there. Oscar Trapolino and his wife Celia ran a grocery store in the brick building at the corner of Kane and Silver. In about 1954 they acquired two duplexes from the area east of Houston Avenue that was being redeveloped as the Police Department and Municipal Courts complex and moved them onto their vacant lot. They are today 1820 Lubbock and 712-714 Silver. They have always been rental property.
In 1996 Silver Street Properties received a Good Brick award from Preservation Houston "for the restoration of four buildings in the 700 block of Silver Street."