2203 Decatur, Stephen H. Reneau house
This 2-story Classical Revival house was built in 1911 for Stephen Henry and Fannie Reneau. She was an English immigrant, and he worked as a machinist in the H. & T. C. shops. They lived at 2203 Decatur until about 1933. They purchased the lot in 1907 and until they built the large house, they lived in a small cottage built in the late 1870's facing Decatur. It was moved to the rear of the lot and rotated 90 degrees to face Hemphill. It is today 811 Hemphill.
After being a boarding house and then being divided into apartments, the 2-story house has again been a single-family dwelling since 1997.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.