Relocated from the 1700 Block of Spring Street in the First Ward in 2006.
The Guese House is an extremely historically significant structure. The structure is shown in the 1869 Wood Map and is the only structure shown in this map in the First Ward known to exist. The Guese house pre-dates the development of the First Ward and the platting of Sabine Street. The home in fact had to be moved for the first time to allow Sabine Street to be constructed before 1875. The structure was saved at the eleventh hour prior to demolition through the efforts of many individuals and groups.