In 1907 F. A. Goldapp built this 2-story Classical Revival house for Herman and Lydia Wottrich for $2650. Herman Wottrich was a tailor who immigrated from Germany in 1881; he worked for his father Ferdinand Wottrich, who was also a tailor and lived at 809 Henderson. Father and son died in 1911, but Herman's widow continued to live at 1907 Decatur until 1926. Herman and Sophie Lovitz bought the house in 1926 and lived there from 1940 until 1956. He was an ornamental iron worker. Both were immigrants, he from Alsace-Lorraine and she from Austria.